>> Sunday, 4 January 2009
- David Tennant’s father starred in the episode The Unicorn and the Wasp as a waiter!
- The episode The Shakespeare Code was originally going to be called Love’s Labours Won, but was changed as a reference to the Da Vinci Code.
- When filming Human Nature/The Family of Blood David Tennant was suffering from the flu. Poor guy!
- The End of the World contained over 200 CGI shots, more than an average film!
- Couldn’t understand what the German lady said in Journey’s End?
OLD WOMAN: Hier ist niemand. Was immer Sie wollen, gehen Sie fort. Lassen Sie mich in Ruhe.
Translation: There's no one here. Whatever you want, just go away. Leave me alone.
MARTHA: Ich heisse Martha Jones. Ich komme von UNIT. Agentin funf sechs sechs sieben eins, von der medizinishen Abteilung.
Translation: I'm called Martha Jones. I come from UNIT. Agent 5, 6, 6, 7, 1. Medical officer.
OLD WOMAN: Es hiess Sie kaemen vorbei.
Translation: They said you might come.
OLD WOMAN: Sie sind der Albtraum. Nicht die anderen, Sie! Ich sollte Sie umbringen, am besten gleich jetzt!
Translation: You are the nightmare. It's not them, it's you! I should kill you right now!
MARTHA: Then do it.
And Martha just steps into the lift. The Old Woman lowers her gun, defeated, shaking.
OLD WOMAN: Marta. Zur Hoelle mit Dir.
Translation: Martha. You're going straight to Hell.
- Tom Baker’s Doctor always enjoyed Jelly Babies, so did the Master who returned during Utopia/The Sound of Drums/Last of the TimeLords.
- Before it was named Forest of the Dead, the episode had many other titles, River’s Run, Forest of the Night and many more!
- Rose’s shocking appearance at the end of Partners in Crime was not originally in the copy shown to the press. It was removed to make it a surprise for the public and so it wouldn’t shadow Donna’s return.
- Originally, the series 4 companion was going to be Penny Carter who was from the North of England and had a cheating boyfriend.
- During the beach scene in Doomsday a foot appears from behind the truck which Rose, Mickey, Jackie and Pete travelled to Bad Wolf Bay in. Look closely and you’ll see!
- Episode 8 of series 4 was going to be called Century House and would feature the Doctor going to a century house with 'Most Haunted' to look for The Red Widow.
- Russell T Davies realised he was going to kill off Astrid during a taxi ride.
- Series 4 episode Planet of the Ood was originally going to be the second episode, not the third.
- The Fires of Pompeii was nearly not made into an episode, originally it was going to be World War Two with monsters on the loose in the Natural History Museum as a Nazi strike-force invades. This was dropped because World War 2 was used in Series 1, and Russell T Davies was worried it would be too soon to come back to it.
- It was mentioned that during the finale, blue sparkles should fly by in the sky to imply Astrid Peth was there.
- The Series 4 finale was originally going to feature Elton Pope, from the episode Love & Monsters in Series 2.
- CAL from Silence in the Library was originally going to be a boy.
- It was Martha who was originally meant to have the Grandfather, but when it never happened, Donna was given one instead, Wilf.
- 4.6 was originally tagged as 'the Martha lost in Space episode', but was replaced by The
Doctor's Daughter because it was more interesting.
- Russell T Davies was asked to appear on ITV show Dancing on Ice, but sadly said no. Julie Gardener is said to be still laughing at this information today!
Got any trivia? Feel free to post them here!